Get parents involved!
Arithmetickles Math Night is a fun game show that uses fun-filled theatrical activities that incorporate creative math reasoning and grade appropriate math skills. During the show, your Arithmetickles Math Night host will ask students and parents to volunteer to come on stage and work together to solve (non-threatening) math puzzles and math-related games that always prove to be tremendous fun for the volunteers as well as the audience.
For many school districts, getting parents involved is both a top priority and an ongoing challenge. Arithmetickles Math Night is an original, cost-effective, curriculum-based way to bring family support to your educational community!
3 cool ways to attract and bring families for the evening show:
- Extra credit – each student that shows up with his/her family gets an extra credit in math.
- Pizza dinner – Sell or give pizza, drinks and snacks.
- Have a Mini-Fair with fun activities before the show. Each class can be responsible for creating, decorating and running a booth with fun math related activities (see below). And, of course, all the students and parents will then attend the show!
Here are some fun ideas from different schools for Math Night activities –
- A Parents’ & Teachers’ Guide to Math Night
- ProTeacher Collection: Math Night Ideas
- Activities for School Family Math Night
Math is the basis of STEM and Arithmetickles helps kids love math!